The Blend Institute
Integrative Medicine Practice located in Bradenton, FL
Sexuality, long recognized as a fundamental driving force, is nonetheless frequently misunderstood and neglected worldwide, and many physical and psychological illnesses, as well as aging, may affect your ability to have and enjoy sex. If you or your partner is experiencing issues regarding physical intimacy and closeness, seek consultation with Dr. Timothy Blend and his team. They offer targeted treatment plans to address your individual needs to help you regain vitality, strength, and intimacy. Call to schedule a consultation today.
Advanced Sexual Health Solutions Q&A
The Blend Institute offers the most comprehensive advanced sexual health program on the Florida West-coast. Scientific evidence confirms sexual dysfunction in both men and women are treatable by addressing the underlying physical and/or psychological problems. Dr. Timothy Blend's dual board certification and Anti-Aging & Regenerative Medicine Fellowship experience combined with co-founder Kim Blend, ARNP expertise in neurotransmitter therapy qualify our practitioners at The Blend Institute to offer and provide unmatched expertise in Advanced Sexual Health and beyond. Their combined 20+ years’ experience affords the competence to offer our patients a fully comprehensive, personalized sexual dysfunction and sexual performance program that may include a variety of treatment regimens.
- Cellular Therapies - PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) - Priapus Shot for men (P-Shot) and the Orgasm shot for women (O-Shot), Stem cell therapy
- Low Intensity Shockwave Treatment
- Tempsure Vitalia by Cynosure
- Genitalia training
- Nitric oxide supplementation
- Hormone balancing
- Nutritional advice
- Sexual health pharmaceutical & compounded medication
- Mechanical aids (like Pumps!) and supplements
- Behavioral therapies
Please contact us to schedule a private consultation to learn about how we can personalize treatments and products to maximize your sexual health.
What is sexual health?
Sexual health is a state of physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being in relation to sexuality; it is not merely the absence of disease, dysfunction, or infirmity. Sexual health requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and consensual sexual experiences.
What does it mean to be sexually healthy?
Sexual health is the ability to embrace and enjoy our sexuality throughout all stages of life. It is an important part of our physical and emotional health. Being sexually healthy means:
- Recognizing and respecting the sexual rights we all share.
- Understanding that sexuality is a natural aspect of life and involves more than sexual behavior.
- Being able to experience sexual pleasure, satisfaction, and intimacy when desired.
- Being able to communicate about sexual health with others including sexual partners and healthcare providers.
- Accessing sexual health information, education, and care.
- Making an effort to practice ‘safe sex’, prevent unintended pregnancies and STIs, and seek care and treatment when necessary.
What are the sexual problems commonly seen in men and women?
Sexual dysfunction refers to any mental, physical, or emotional problem that prevents an individual or couple from experiencing satisfaction from sexual activity. An estimated 31% of men and 43% of women have some degree of sexual dysfunction.
Common sexual health conditions include:
- Delayed Ejaculation
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
- Low Testosterone
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Premature Ejaculation
- Prostate Cancer
- Retrograde Ejaculation
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Transgender Health/Gender Affirming surgery complications
What is ED?
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is a man’s inability to achieve or maintain an erection adequate for satisfying sex. It is important to understand how erections occur. When a man is sexually aroused, nerves and chemicals work together to relax smooth muscle tissue and widen arteries so the penis can fill with blood. Veins constrict to keep the blood inside the penis, forming an erection. Once the man ejaculates, the blood is released back into the body.
ED can happen for various reasons, both psychological and physiological.
- Poor blood flow to the penis.
- Nerve damage – due to health conditions, cancer treatments, etc.
- Hormonal issues - low testosterone or thyroid disorders
- Medication side effects – common culprits include medication for high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, peptic ulcers, insomnia, and depression.
- Peyronie’s disease – a wound-healing disorder noted by a curvature of the penis.
- Psychological and emotional issues – anxiety, depression, stress, concerns about sexual performance, etc.
Are there cutting-edge approaches to treat sexual dysfunction?
Recent advances in medical devices and regenerative medicines have revolutionized the treatment of sexual problems. Some of the cutting-edge technologies offered are:
Shockwave Therapy: BLENDWave
Try non-invasive technology that uses high-frequency, low-intensity sound waves to improve blood flow to the penis. Dr. Blend recommends shockwave therapy to stimulate the growth of new blood vessels to enhance sexual performance in men.
BLENDWave is an effective option because it addresses the root cause of many penile issues: poor blood flow. Treatment is all-natural, non-invasive and yields long-term patient results.
Commonly paired with shockwave therapy, for optimized results: PRP P-SHOT
Vacuum erection devices
Often referred to as “penis pumps,” vacuum erection devices (VEDs) have been treating ED since 1982. A VED uses a pump to create a vacuum to help the penis become erect, while the band or constriction ring keeps the blood from flowing back out, assisting the man in maintaining the erection. These devices are a good alternative for treatment of ED in patients who refuse oral medications or can’t take them.
Vitalia is radiofrequency heat used to control the temperature of the targeted thermal energy to the tissue of the labia and/or vagina. Results include:
- Tightening the vaginal canal internally and at the opening of the vagina
- Tightening loose stretched labia majora.
- Improved urinary control and treats mild urinary leakage
- Increases vaginal moisture and lubrication
- Decreases discomfort during intercourse
- Enhances sensitivity and sexual arousal/orgasm
- Relaxes areas that may be too tight or painful
- No hormones
- No downtime – NONE!
To know more about these promising treatments, call or click to schedule an appointment today.
Functional Medicinemore info
Infusion Therapymore info
Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapymore info
Weight Lossmore info
Advanced Sexual Health Solutionsmore info
Internal Medicinemore info
Advanced Regenerative Medicinemore info
Integrative Psychiatrymore info
Child, Adolescent, and Family Psychotherapymore info
Penile Girth Enhancementmore info